There is high potential for social and emotional stress for women today. We face intense pressure to look, act and live according to culturally determined ideals. These unrealistic standards related to appearance, career, family, home and relationships leave many women feeling like they don’t measure up or aren’t doing enough with their lives. This naturally causes feelings of anxiety, self-doubt, guilt, shame, anger and sadness. We may feel disconnected from ourselves and our relationships, losing sight of our hopes and dreams.
I support women with:
• Connecting to what they value and believe. Distinguishing between what society tells them to be and what they truly want for themselves.
• Living in alignment with their values. Doing more of what brings joy and fulfillment and doing less of what doesn’t.
• Developing healthy and effective coping-strategies to better manage life challenges and feel more in control.
• Rediscovering their inner wisdom, abilities and creativity. Feeling confident to make decisions that are rewarding and inspiring.
• Nourishing multiple dimensions of wellness in their lives (physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, social, sexual).
• Nurturing feelings of self-acceptance and rejecting the demands of perfectionism.
• Having healthy and respectful relationships. Effectively expressing to others what they need and want.
• Healing from the experiences of trauma. Reclaiming their lives and sense of self.
• Listening to their bodies. Renegotiating their relationship with food, eating and fitness.
• Caring for themselves with the same kindness and consideration that is often reserved for others in their lives.
I appreciate the opportunity to work with women and girls of all ages.
Copyright © 2012 Inouye Counselling. All Rights Reserved.